Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Traveling to Israel

So. My day on Wednesday morning (wow, almost a week ago) began with a mad rush to finish packing. I didn't think I had so much stuff! And it turns out that I have a TON of books. We finally got everything together and left the house at 2:15 (only 15 min later than planned) to head to Newark Airport. We got there, checked my baggage and then went to the gate. It was incredibly hard saying goodbye to everyone and there were of course tears. I managed to pull myself together and went past the point of no return...security. I got to my gate and within 45 min I was on the plane.

On the plane I arrived at my seat to find three british guys. They wanted to switch with me so they could all sit together. I initially said yes, but then changed my mind. They were nice enough but slighly peeved I think. Oh well. I read Home by Julie Andrews (I just finished the book the other night! It's FANTASTIC!!! I totally recommend reading it if you haven't already. It's an autobiography, but reads like a novel. Wonderful) I also watched Charlie Wilson's War with Tom Hanks. I love him. Does life get better? I think not.

I got to Heathrow and security opened one of my bags which was very annoying. I had to repack one of my perfect bags! Boo. Other than that it was fine. Next stop...Israel!

No comments: